Member of the International Baccalaureate


Download the enrolment form, fill it in and send it back to us by email:

To apply to study at Glendowie School, you need to submit:

  • A completed enrolment form (either online or by email)
  • A copy of the student’s passport and visa (either uploaded online or by email)
  • A copy of the student’s academic record (either uploaded online or by email)


Glendowie School will consider applications from any student aged between 5-13 years old. To apply to study at Glendowie Primary, we need the following:

  • A completed enrolment form
  • A copy of the student’s passport and current visa
  • A copy of the student’s school report in English showing grades and comments from teachers

Applicants for Enrolment need to follow the steps below

  1. Complete the Application Form. Children 10 years of age and over do not need a parent to stay with them if they are on visitors visas.  Students long term and on student visas must be staying with a parent or designated caregiver. Children under 10 years of age do need a parent to stay with them. Groups: Children 10 years of age travelling in a group do not need a parent to stay with them. Children under 10 years of age travelling in a group do need a parent to be staying with them.
  2. Attach Application form or link for International Students.
  3. Complete the Tuition Agreement.
  4. Fees: Pay the invoice that is sent to you with the school letter of Provisional Offer of Place. Click here for estimated costs for foreign fee paying students. Ensure you have read the International Student Fees Refund Policy.
  5. Living Arrangements advised to the school under one of the following e.g. homestay, rental arrangements, living with friends, Designated Care Giver arrangements, living in own home in Auckland, parent and child living with friends and arranged by students family.

    For students in 10 years and over living with a designated caregiver you will need to sign Part 3 of your enrolment form.

  6. Receipt and Conditional Offer of Place. The school will send you a receipt for the payment made. It will be accompanied by a offer of Place conditional on getting the correct visa and getting the appropriate insurance.

  7. Application to NZ Immigration for Student Visa or ensuring a visitor visa (up to 3 months in any one year) is eligible to you.
  8. Copy of Student visa sent to the school and a copy of the parent visa if the student is in Year 1-6.

Eligibility for Health Services

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at –

Accident Insurance

The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents, and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at –

Medical and Travel Insurance

  • International students (including group students) must have appropriate medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand.
  • The insurance cover needs to cover the whole period of an international student’s study in New Zealand. It needs to cover their trips into and out of New Zealand at the beginning and/or the end of their study, and/ or during any holiday breaks of the study.
  • The insurance cover needs to be by a reputable and established insurer with a credit rating no lower than “A” from Standard and Poors or B+ from AM Best.
  • The insurance provider must be able to provide services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
  • Insurance should cover, health cover while in NZ, Repatriation search and rescue, travel into and out of NZ, personal liability.
  • Medical and travel insurance with unlimited cover is required.
  • The school is able to organise insurance through Uni-Care insurance company, on your behalf.  See the handbook for more details.